The year is going fast and steady, but there is not enough time to do everything we want to, right? Anyway, the time has come and the Anime Spring Special is finally out.
First, a really popular anime allowed us to explore the mind of a particular kind of girl, also, thanks to Oreimo we feature ClariS, a JPop idol unit consisting of high school students Clara and Alice from Hokkaido.
In 2009, ClariS began singing covers of mainly songs featured in anime; they submitted them to the Nico Nico Douga video website and became well known by the fans. The rest is history!
Songs later, we found Minami Kuribayashi, a singer-songwriter and seiyuu from Shizuoka, who started as the voice of one of the Kiminozo (Kimi ga Nozomu Eien) anime and video games. She has performed as part of the group Wild 3nin Musume.
With Karneval, we meet KAmiYU, a seiyuu unit formed under Kiramune Label, Lantis. They are seiyuu Kamiya Hiroshi and fellow peer Irino Miyu. The unit was first formed in 2010 with them singing “my Proud,my Play!” for Model Suit Gunpla Builders Beginning G.
A little later we have nano.RIPE, a JRock band formed in 2008. They released their debut album 88 on that year. In 2010 they signed with Lantis and release their first major single, “Patricia”.
The special continues and Ayana Taketatsu prepares the stage for GRANRODEO, Kishou Taniyama “Kishow” and Masaaki Iizuka “E-Zuka”, who have been collaborating in anime soundtracks for years.
The beats stay loud as Linked Horizon and Miyuki Hashimoto sing, and as the podcast ends we slow down with, seiyuu and singer, Saori Hayami and Nagi Yanagi, a singer-songwriter from Kansai.
There is a little bit for everyone in our Spring Special, we hope you enjoy it!
- Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga nai. – reunion [ClariS]
- Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge – Unmei no Kagami [Aimi]
- Date A Live – Date A Live [sweet ARMS]
- Hataraku Maou-sama – ZERO!! [Minami Kuribayashi]
- Haiyore Nyaruko-san W – Yotte S.O.S [RAMM ni Haiyoru XXX]
- Karneval – REASON [KAmiYU]
- Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge – Kimi no Futari [YURI KARI]
- Hataraku Maou-sama – Tsuki Hana [nano.RIPE]
- Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga nai. – Kanjousen loop [Ayana Taketatsu]
- Karneval – Henai no Rondo [GRANRODEO]
- Shingeki no Kyojin – Guren no Yumiya [Linked Horizon]
- Hyakka Rouran Samurai Bride – AI DO. [Miyuki Hashimoto]
- Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga nai. – Filter [Saori Hayami]
- Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru. – Yuki Toki [Nagi Yanagi]
So, it’s already spring and the summer is approaching relentlessly. The winter was quite slow in terms of anime series, and the theme songs weren’t as exciting as previous seasons, but still, they fit nicely to make this special.
The rhythms are soft, and still sound, enough to have a nice moment listening. So, let’s start with YOHKO who began a singer-songwriter career seven years ago when she formed a band named Capri. But now, she makes her solo debut with the Maoyuu Maou Yuusha OP theme song.
Next, based on a Japanese visual novel developed by Circus, you can hear the cast of the Da Capo III anime, Emi Nitta, Ui Miyazaki, Mikoi Sasaki, Chiyo Ousaki and Kaiho Erika. Just to keep pace with songs by seiyuu Aya Suzaki and idol group μ’s -pronounced Muse- which consists of Niko Yazawa, Kotori Minami, Nozomi Toujou, Honoka Kousaka, Umi Sonoda, Rin Hoshizora, Hanayo Koizumi, Maki Nishikino and Eri Ayase.
And the fun begins speeding up with theme songs from seiyuu and singer Hitomi Harada, Faylan, who received her stage name by composer Noriyasu Agematsu and Ray, a singer who debuted in 2012 performing the Ano Natsu de Matteru OP song, and this season she performs the AMNESIA ED theme.
Another interesting artist is yozuca*, who is known for performing theme songs for various video games and anime, especially Da Capo series. She is also a member of pop unit yozurino* formed by her and rino of CooRie in 2002.
Finally, we end the special with 99RadioService, a five member rock band -Ko-hey, Ko-ta, GOI, Jigen and Negi- based in Tokyo. These guys have a good presence and a catchy tune; sure you’ll enjoy their Chihayafuru 2 theme song.
That’s it, now, let’s see what comes next!
- Maoyuu Maou Yuusha – Mukaikaze [YOHKO]
- Da Capo III – Sakura Happy Innovation [Emi Nitta, Ui Miyazaki, Mikoi Sasaki, Chiyo Ousaki & Kaiho Erika]
- Tamako Market – Dramatic Market Ride [Aya Suzaki]
- Love Live – Kitto Seishun ga Kikoeru [μ’s]
- Senran Kagura – Shissouron [Hitomi Harada]
- Hakkenden -Touhou Hakken Ibun- – God FATE [Faylan]
- Amnesia – Recall [Ray]
- Kotoura-san – Kibou no Hana [Haruka Chisuga]
- Da Capo III – Aitai yo [yozuca*]
- Vividred Operation – ENERGY [earthmind]
- Senran Kagura – Fighting Dreamer [Hitomi Harada, Yuka Iguchi, Asami Imai, Yuu Kobayashi & Kaori Mizuhashi]
- Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru – Girlish Lover [Chinatsu Akasaki, Yukari Tamura, Hisako Kanemoto & Ai Kayano]
- Love Live – Bokura wa Ima no Naka de [μ’s]
- Chihayafuru 2 – STAR [99RadioService]